7.7.10

this oil sh*t is slicker than preachers.

And that's why he's one of my favorites.
Talib Kweli has a video for his song Ballad of The Black Gold from his new album with Hi-Tek Revolutions Per Minute (which is a must have for the summer!)

Nodding my head to the beat, I remember I first heard this song when he was performing (for the free) at the iTunes store in SoHo the song spoke volumes especially addressing corrupt govrenment and the oil issues in Nigeria and now that I saw the video, I feel the same way. (Actually. I wouldn't expect anything less)

With everything covered in oil, the video brings the oil spill to life (as though the oil-covered pelicans and jobless shrimpers weren't enough). It's crazy because this song was written before the oil spill occurred (his album was release May 18th, the oil spill into the Gulf on April 22nd) -- the spill will effect this country for years to come and  this video couldn't be more relevant.

Check out the video. (from World Star Hip Hop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Thinking?