12.2.10

For Fabulous Eyes Only: Rude Boy, Rihanna

Although the video somewhat reminded me of M.I.A.(look at some of M.I.A.'s Boyz music video) and the long weave was a "no-no".

There was lots of rump-shaking, slow winding, naughty innuendos, Andy Warhol and Caribbean inspired color use, and hairstyles as Rihanna stays true to her bad girl, fashion forward image - in a much happier way - in the Rude Boy music video. (my obsession with her continues). I loved this video, in fact I've watched it five times today - mostly to look at the different short hairstyles because I just cut my hair short and I get bored really easy. (I'm actually planning on a little blonde for the spring!)

I have two favorite scenes in the video which are also the ones with the most humor: when Rihanna looks down the boy's pants singing "Call me rude boy boy is you big enough" and when she winks at the camera in a black and white body suit with Janelle Monae inspired hair singing "baby if I don't feel it I aint faking no,no" as she rides a fake zebra.

My favorite looks are: the Stripper boots that she wears while playing the drums and the baseball cap with the Chanel sunglasses, hoop earings, and Alexander McQueen (may he R.I.P.) leggings.

Watch the video below - Rihanna's Rude Boy and M.I.A.'s Boyz .





No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Thinking?