3.3.10

food for thought: Sakana Japanese Restaurant



 I realized that I would do anything humanly possible for sushi yesterday, when I crutched (yes, I still have those) down Georgia Avenue to catch a taxi to Dupont Circle to eat sushi that my friend Kevin said was the best he ever had. Of course, I jumped at the idea of going to eat lunch there - partly because I'm convinced he know all of the best food places in DC and whole-heartedly because a piece of sushi can brighten my day at any point. 

We ended up going down Georgia to V Street and found the world's worst cab driver (but not worse than when my friend Maya and I took a cab to the Kennedy Center and the cab driver  didn't know what that was...) who didn't need any help with direction and ended up going the wrong way anyways. So we actually ended up walking (I crutched, not a word I know) four more blocks to get to the restaurant and finally we arrived at Sakana Japanese Restaurant.


After having my meal it was SO worth it. We ordered Edamame for the two of us and when I saw it was the best Edamame I've ever had I'm not exaggerating. It was so fresh with the perfect amount of salt and the perfect amount of cooking. Kevin ordered the Vegetarian Tempura and I ordered Tempura with shrimp, fish eggs and zuchini. 

It's always nice to have a little mid-day lunch off campus and not on Georgia Avenue, a break from everyone, and a chance to actually explore the place that I will be living for the next two years. It's definitely not the most luxurious sushi spot, it's not a cool spot where really cool artisty people hang out but located in Dupont Circle, Sakana Japanese Restaurant is definitely my new sushi spot (it still doesn't top Sticky Rice!) and hey who would complain when you can get sushi for $9.95. It's the perfect, low profile spot (you actually have to take a few steps down to get in) for a quick lunch during the week or to go after a yoga class. 










Wearing: Forever 21 Trench, Sam Elderman Riding Boots, Uniqlo Men's Ribbed Sweatshirt, Vintage American Apparel California Select Satchel, Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans


Sakana Japan
2026 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Thinking?